Whether you plan to build a clinical practice or take on a leadership role in hospital administration, the University of Arizona's joint , five-year MD/MBA program with the Eller College of Management will give you the skills you need to launch your successful career. The MD/MBA dual-degree program is sequential and concurrent. UA College of Medicine – Phoenix students may apply to the Eller College of Management during the first or second year of study.
- Innovation: Center for Management Innovations in Health Care offers industry-specific elective courses, speaker series and networking opportunities.
- Application: Real-world team consulting projects with clients such as Banner - University Medical Center Tucson offer the chance to work at the intersection of business and medicine.
- Communication: Through a semester-long business communication course, students develop the skills necessary to be competitive and distinguish themselves in the marketplace.
Why earn your MBA Now?
An MBA will enhance your clinical skills with expertise in: leadership, organizational structure, negotiation, decision making, finance and accounting, operations management, innovation, data management and presentation skills.
- Start your career with the managment skills you need to be competative in the marketplace.
- Learn how to save on costs and improve the quality of health care.
- Identify new opportunities and influence change in the health care industry.
- Year One and Two: Exclusively focused on MD education.
- Year Three: MBA core curriculum courses focusing on finance, marketing, leadership developement, etc.
- Year Four: MD-focused (start of clinical rotations), suggested time to complete MBA elective course work before Year Five*.
- Year Five: Complete MD rotational requirements.
UA College of Medicine – Phoenix students in good academic standing and recommended for admittance to the Eller College of Management.
- Application and application fee ($100.00).
- Essay discussing interest in pursuing an MBA.
- GMAT scores.
- In-person interview by invitation.
The following supplemental application materials will be provided by the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix:
- Copy of letters of recommendation.
- Copy of personal statement.
- Copy of official transcripts.
Interim Dean of Admissions and Recruitment
Glen T. Fogerty, PhD
*The availability of MBA elective offerings will depend on fit with the MD curriculum, recognizing the resident interview travel requirements, during this final year of the program. Students may seek faculty support to optimize independent study opportunities during the summer between Year Three and Year Four. Note this program is also offered at the College of Medicine - Tucson.