On-demand modules represent the next step in our mission to provide our faculty with timely and relevant professional learning opportunities that are peer-reviewed. Faculty participants may work through the course at their own pace; meaning, they can be completed around busy clinical and teaching schedules. Additional courses are in development and will be communicated to our faculty as they become available.
Online courses are accessible to all UA College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty members. These courses are accessed through the Desire 2 Learn (D2L) Learning Management Platform.
To register, choose from any of our modules below and then complete the registration form. The Career Development team will enroll you and email you the instructions to log in to D2L with your UA NetID and password. If you do not know your UA NetID, please contact your Department Faculty Coordinator.
Questions? Email: Career Development team.
- Optimizing Teaching When Time is Limited – Discover approaches and tools for boosting efficiency and effectiveness of teaching.
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Medicine – Explore educational theories that ground and strengthen approaches to clinical instruction.
- Teaching Motivational Interviewing – Review an approach that will benefit medical student and resident learners who encounter patients struggling to make lifestyle changes.
- Communication Skills for Team-based Learning – Learn how to communicate effectively and efficiently in team-based learning and working environments.
- Tips for Effective Feedback – Explore methods for providing effective feedback to learners in clinical education.
- Tailoring Your Teaching to Learner Needs – Find out how to take a learner centered approach to your teaching by incorporating the desired learning traits of the personality types.