Information for Banner – University Medical Group Faculty
Part-Time Employment Opportunities
The following part-time opportunities are open to Banner – University Medical Group faculty:
- Advisor, Scholarly Projects (estimated up to 0.20 FTE).
- Assistant Director, Doctoring (estimated 0.70 FTE).
- Co-director, Simulation Curriculum (estimated 0.20 FTE).
- Case Based Instruction (CBI) Facilitator (estimated 0.10 FTE).
- Director, Underrepresented in Medicine (URM) Mentor (estimated 0.10 FTE).
- Scholarly Project Facilitator/Mentor (FTE to be determined).
- Simulation Center Instructor (0.025 to 0.10 FTE).
- Clinical Skills Evaluator, Doctoring (0.03 to 0.18 FTE).
- Sharry Veres, MD, MHSM, has been announced as the new chair for the Department of Family, Community and Preventive Medicine. She will replace Dr. Jeffrey Wolfrey who will be retiring later this year. Dr. Veres will assume her role on December 1.
- Making the Rounds is now a podcast available via Spotify. Listen to experts from Banner Health talk about important medical topics.
- The following Banner – University Medical Group faculty were recognized at the General Faculty Meeting on October 12 with a peer-nominated faculty award. This is the first year the general faculty were able to nominate peers for these awards.
- Nichole Mahnert, MD, from the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology was awarded the Early Career Excellence in Research Award.
- Ramachandra Sista, MD, from the Department of Internal Medicine was awarded the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Awards presented by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation.
- Kelley Saunders, MD, from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology was awarded the Early Career Excellence in Education Award.
- Steven R. Brown, MD, from the Department of Family, Community and Preventive Medicine was awarded the Excellence in Teaching in Graduate Medical Education.
- Recent Promotions – The following Banner – University Medical Group faculty received a faculty title promotion:
- Marilyn Glassberg, MD, was awarded tenure, effective July 1, as professor in the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Patrick Bosarge, MD, was promoted, effective July 1, to professor on the tenure track in the Department of Surgery.
- Sarah Coles, MD, was promoted on May 6 to associate professor on the clinical scholar track in the Department of Family, Community and Preventive Medicine.
- Kevin Hirsch, MD, was promoted on April 1 to clinical professor on the clinical series track in the Department of Radiology.
- Promotion Workshop for Clinical Faculty
- November 3, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- RSVP to attend via Zoom.
- Department of Internal Medicine Grand Rounds:
- Every Friday, 8:00–9:00 a.m. via Microsoft Teams.
- Contact Veronica Nundahl to attend.
- Department of Surgery Grand Rounds:
- Every Thursday, 8:00–9:00 a.m. via Microsoft Teams.
- Contact Brittany Berry to attend.
- College Expectations of Faculty.
- Applying for Promotion.
- Get Involved.
- LIFT Faculty Peer Mentoring Program.
If you have information to add to this page, contact Faculty Affairs at @email.