Fellows will participate in weekly full-day didactics on Wednesdays at the VA. Lectures will cover topics from the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Principles of Addiction Medicine chapters and will prepare the fellow for board examination and evidenced-based addiction medicine practice.
Fellows will rotate at various clinical sites at Banner Health and Phoenix VA Medical Center.
- Banner Health:
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMCP) Addiction Recovery Center.
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMCP) Women's Institute.
- BUMCP Addiction Consult Team.
- BUMCP Medical Toxicology Service.
- Banner Behavioral Health Hospital (Scottsdale).
- Banner Intensive Outpatient Program (Scottsdale).
- Phoenix VA Medical Center:
- VA Co-Occurring Clinic.
- VA Chronic Pain Clinic.
- VA Residential Treatment.
- VA Ambulatory Experience.
- VA Opioid Treatment Program.
- Only two rotations are outside the downtown Phoenix corridor and are located in nearby Scottsdale, Arizona.