General Financial Aid FAQs
To be eligible for financial aid, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold an Alien Registration Card (permanent resident card).
- Be in good academic standing once in school, and making satisfactory progress toward a degree.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Have not previously defaulted on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant.
- Use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if required).
- Be enrolled at least half-time as a student working toward a degree.
To be considered for financial aid each student must complete a FAFSA, which is available online at fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA can be completed beginning October the year before you plan to attend the University of Arizona. The College of Medicine – Phoenix priority filing date for grant consideration is March 1. The school code for the UA is 001083.
To receive federal loan funding and be considered for UA scholarship assistance, a student must file a FAFSA. If a student intends to pay for all educational expenses from personal or family resources only, a FAFSA is not required.
Yes, students must re-file for each year in which they expect to apply for federal loans or UA scholarships.
Please notify the Financial Aid Office at @email. The Financial Aid Office will review your outside aid and determine if any adjustments need to be made to your existing awards.
You must complete the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form and return it to the College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Aid Office for processing.
The total amount of financial aid cannot exceed your cost of attendance for each academic year.
HRSA, Title VII Loans FAQs
To apply for either a Primary Care Loan or a Loan for a Disadvantaged Student, a student must:
- Submit the Application (PDF) for Health Professions Loans to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Aid Office.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2021-2022 academic year and list the University of Arizona to receive the information.
- The University of Arizona school code is 001083.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool without making changes. If the IRS DRT is not used or changes are made, the student (and spouse if applicable) must submit signed 2018 tax forms or the Student Certification of Non-filer (PDF).
- Update 2021-2022 FAFSA to include parental demographic, household, income and asset information as required:
- Add parental financial information to your 2021-2022 FAFSA (you can submit a correction/update to your previously completed FAFSA); and have them use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to capture 2019 tax data if they can.
- Parents can sign electronically using their own FSA ID number, or print, sign and submit a signature page to the Federal Processor.
- If the IRS DRT is not used or changes are made the students must submit a copy of their parent(s) signed 2019 tax forms or the Parental Certification of Non-filer (PDF).
Once you have updated your FAFSA to include the required student and parent information, please email your completed application (PDF) to @email.
If you have questions, please email the College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Aid Office at the email address above.