Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools (FIRST) is an excellent resource for medical students created by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
FIRST is a financial literacy tool that is designed to help students navigate the complexities of student debt. The tools and resources provided by FIRST allow students to make informed decisions about borrowing student loans and will help them to manage their student debt.
FIRST offers valuable resources that help students manage their finances. These resources include:
- Education Debt Manager – A step-by-step guide to borrowing; includes information on repayment programs.
- Financial Aid Fact Sheets – Short, informational sheets on a variety of financial aid-related topics, fact sheets are designed to shorten often confusing or complex topics to the basics.
- FIRST Videos and Webinars – Topics include affording medical school, new student loan borrowers, loan repayment options and programs, consolidation, and residency options.
- Medloans Organizer and Calculator – Stores all your loan information in one place and allows you to run your own repayment scenarios.
- AAMC Financial Wellness – Access free financial calculators, articles, and videos to help you create a budget, track your spending, create financial goals, and enhance your financial knowledge about credit, financial planning, money management, and more!
Other Literacy Resources
CashCourse offers a number of resources designed to help students make informed financial decisions throughout their college years and into their personal life.
College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Literacy Program
Medical education is a financial investment and our role is to provide unbiased consumer information. Financial Literacy is a free service brought to you by the Student Affairs, Financial Aid Office and different sessions will be offered over the four years. You are always welcomed to see us individually, in addition to attending these larger sessions and online modules. We are here to answer questions and find resources to provide the best answer. Details regarding the program modules and timelines (PDF).