Our Psychiatry residents are encouraged to develop and pursue a variety of part-time clinical, administrative and educational or research tracts especially during PGY-4 to complement the required rotations and didactics and to further their individual interests.
Several well-supervised elective experiences are available at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix or at affiliated sites in the community and currently include:
- Administrative Resident Positions in outpatient, consultation and inpatient settings.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders Program at the VAMC.
- Forensic Psychiatry.
- Sleep Disorders.
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry.
- Substance Abuse Programs.
- Child Psychiatry inpatient, consultation and outpatient experiences.
- Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Emergency Psychiatry.
- Research projects.
- Banner Alzheimer’s Institute and Memory Disorders Clinic.
- Transcultural Community Psychiatry.
- Translational Genomics.
- Women's Mental Health.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic.
- Palliative Care.
- Research Design Seminar.
- Biostatistics Seminar.
- Medical Epidemiology Seminar.