Step 1. Complete the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) online training course.
You must complete the CITI training course, which provides education on human subjects research. Create a username and password. Select the institution: University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. Take the course that is most applicable to your area of research.
Step 3: Fill out the human subject research application form.
For projects that are found to qualify as research involving human subjects, an application along with supplement information needs to be completed for review by the IRB. The most common applications are below. You can find the latest versions on the Research Gateway website.
- Please complete the following documents from the Forms Index:
- F107 Verification of Human Subjects Training.
- F200 Application for Human Research.
- F203 Application for Retrospective Records Review.
- F204 Application for Deferral of IRB Oversight.
Step 4: Submit the application and supporting documents to Cristal Cathey, research coordinator.
The research coordinator will review the application and supporting documents to make sure everything is correct before submission to the Tucson HSPP office and the UA IRB.