Dr. Borrero-Mejias discusses Hispanic Heritage and path toward medicine
Dr. Glassberg discusses research and community work on COVID-19
Program helps connect patients with unmet needs during COVID-19 with resources
Dr. Barney provides care to patients with kidney failure from COVID-19
Dermatologists provide recommendations for treating skin cancer during pandemic
Dr. Nelson discusses how her practice has changed due to the pandemic
Potential Target to Diagnose, Monitor Cervical Cancer Treatment Aim of UArizona Health Sciences Researchers
Study reveals potential new targets for early detection and treatment for cervical cancer
Dr. Bowey helps community through pandemic by transitioning clinic to COVID center
Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS):
- AAMC Gender Equity website.
- Gender Equity Statement.
- Understanding & Addressing Faculty Salary Equity.
- Promising Practices for Understanding and Addressing Salary Equity at U.S. Medical Schools (PDF).
- GWIMS Toolkits – A rich resource of professional development tools from the AAMC GWIMS.
- The Pandemic and the Female Academic.
- Why Do Women Make Such Good Leaders during COVID-19?
- How Millions of Women Became the Most Essential Workers in America.
- UN Secretary-General’s Policy Brief: The Impact Of COVID-19 On Women.
- COVID-19 Resources for VAWG Mitigation and Prevention, Self and Collective Care, Assistance and More.
- An Equity-Based Approach to Dealing with the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Coronavirus Reveals Just How Deep Macho Stereotypes Run through Society.
- No Room of One's Own.
- Women Academics Seem to be Submitting Fewer Papers During Coronavirus.
- Trump Team Moves to Scrap Protections for LGBTQ Patients.
- Our Response to COVID-19 is Male-Centric.
Stories of Women Who Have Made Critical Coronavirus-Related Scientific Discoveries and Inventions:
- Dr. June Almeida first discovered a coronavirus in 1964 at her laboratory in St Thomas's Hospital in London.
- The COVID-19 Dashboard at Johns Hopkins was launched by Lauren Gardner, a civil and systems engineering professor.
- The inventor whose discoveries while working at 3M led to development of the N95 mask was a woman, Sara Little Turnbull.
- March 9 – The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World by Melinda Gates.
- June 23 – A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War.
- Balmer DF, Courts KA, Dougherty B, Tuton LW, Abbuhl S, Hirshfield LE. Applying the Theory of Gendered Organizations to the Lived Experience of Women with Established Careers in Academic Medicine. Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2020 May 26:1-0. https://pmlegacy.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32458706.