The College of Medicine – Phoenix offers a wide variety of fourth-year electives that are designed to meet curriculum and graduation requirements. Electives are provided through Phoenix-area and out-of-state hospitals, medical centers and private practices.
There are also many opportunities statewide, nationally and internationally.
Selectives - 8 Credits
Electives - 20 Credits
- Choose from all available electives.
- May include research, “away,” independent study or Global Health electives.
- May take additional selectives.
- Maximum of two fourth-year courses may be two credits. No electives may be 1, 3 or > 4 credits.
- Maximum number of credits allowed in one subspecialty field is 12.
- Maximum number of credits not directly supervised by University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty is 16.
- Maximum number of non-clinical credits is 8.
See the complete policy: Credit Requirement Year 4
View the complete Student Catalog