Affiliated Medical Centers
The Department of Pathology provides clinical service to its affiliated medical centers:
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix.
- Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Phoenix VA Healthcare System.
The Division of Anatomic Pathology provides clinical services on autopsy, consultation, cytopathology, dermatopathology, forensic pathology, hematopathology, molecular pathology, neuropathology, pediatric pathology and surgical pathology. Anatomic pathology employs techniques in histology, immunohistochemistry, molecular analysis, information technology and laboratory management.
The Division of Clinical Pathology provides services on blood bank/transfusion medicine, clinical chemistry, coagulation, cytogenetics, flow cytometry, hematology/hematopathology, immunology, microbiology, molecular pathology, information technology and laboratory management. Clinical pathology utilizes various laboratory techniques, most of which are automated.
The Department of Pathology also provides precision pathology services to support clinical trials in precision medicine at the affiliated medical centers by providing:
- Biomarkers for diagnosis and prognosis of diseases.
- Optimal therapeutic targets for the treatment of diseases.
- Personalized pharmacogenomics and metabolomics for the efficient therapy.