All students accepted to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix with an interest in adding a focus on the humanities to their medical education are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must apply for the Health Humanities Certificate of Distinction (COD) by October 15 of their first academic year at the college.
- Interested students must meet with the COD directors to discuss their scholarly project theme prior to submitting an application.
- Students must select a Scholarly Project (SP) topic relevant to Bioethics, Narrative Medicine, Art in Medicine and/or Health Humanities.
- Students will be notified of their eligibility by November 1.
- To remain eligible, students must have passing grades in all blocks and courses, must pass Step 1 on their first attempt and may not receive more than two, Level 1 ratings in behavioral competencies.
- Failure to adhere to the student code of conduct will render students ineligible.
- Students cannot be simultaneously enrolled in multiple programs*.
- *More than one COD or degree program — MPH, PhD, etc.