In an effort to inspire, enrich and engage underrepresented students to pursue careers in the allied health sciences, Connect2Mentors invites high school students — from all grades — to attend a one-day experience with professional student mentors, helping to pave a path toward their future career. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Speed network with health professions students.
- Attend a one-hour workshop on writing a personal statement for college admissions.
The next session will be held in January 2022. For questions, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, 602-827-2575.
The Irene H. Bailey Cardiology Academy
The goal of the Irene H. Bailey Cardiology Academy (IBCA) is to provide underrepresented/lower socioeconomic status high school students who have an interest in science with the opportunity to:
- Learn and apply science concepts and inquiry skills by doing hands-on laboratory and clinical activities.
- Explore the variety of academic programs and career choices in the fields of science and medicine.
- Develop mentoring relationships with graduate and medical school students, scientists, clinicians and other health care professional.
The next session will be held in spring 2022. For questions, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, 602-827-2575.