In an effort to inspire, enrich and engage underrepresented students to pursue careers in the allied health sciences, Connect2Mentors invites high school students — from all grades — to attend a one-day experience with professional student mentors, helping to pave a path toward their future career. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Speed network with health professions students.
- Medical Escape Room activity.
- Attend a one-hour workshop on writing a personal statement for college admissions.
For questions, please email or call the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, 602-827-2575.
The Irene H. Bailey Cardiology Academy
The goal of the Irene H. Bailey Cardiology Academy (IBCA) is to provide underrepresented/lower socioeconomic status high school students who have an interest in science with the opportunity to:
- Learn and apply science concepts and inquiry skills by doing hands-on laboratory and clinical activities.
- Explore the variety of academic programs and career choices in the fields of science and medicine.
- Develop mentoring relationships with graduate and medical school students, scientists, clinicians and other health care professional.
The last session was held from March 7 through March 11, 2022. For questions about the next session, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, 602-827-2575.
- Learn more (PDF).
Mobile Medical Program
The Mobile Medical Program provides elementary and middle school students who have an interest in science to:
- Learn about becoming a doctor and explore other health professions.
- Practice hands-on skills such as surgical knot-tying, CPR and checking vitals with current medical students.*
The program is open to all schools while targeting Title I elementary and middle schools. To inquire about your school hosting a Mobile Medical Program session, complete this form. For questions, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, 602-827-2575.
*These fun, hands-on activities will explore basic concepts and are not intended for certification, training or medical clinic.