In an effort to inspire, enrich and engage underrepresented students to pursue careers in the allied health sciences, Connect2Mentors invites high school students — from all grades — to attend a one-day experience with professional student mentors, helping to pave a path toward their future career. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Speed network with health professions students.
- Attend a one-hour workshop on writing a personal statement for college admissions.
The Irene H. Bailey Cardiology Academy
Irene H. Bailey Cardiology Academy (IBCA) encourages students to act and live healthy lives.
The virtual program will run from Monday, May 24, to Wednesday, May 26, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Program participants will:
- Learn and apply science concepts and inquiry skills with clinical activities.
- Explore the variety of academic programs and career choices in the fields of science and medicine.
- Enjoy a heart healthy virtual cooking demonstration.
- Engage in a pedometer challenge.
For questions about either of these programs, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, 602-827-2575.