We are excited to welcome visiting medical students to rotate within our department when space allows. Core clerkship rotations should be four to six weeks in length. Third-year electives can be two to six weeks in length.
How to Apply
For third-year Core Clerkship or third-year Electives for visiting students (non-UArizona):
- Inquire with Lashuan Goss via email about availability for Core Clerkship or third-year Elective rotations at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix. It is recommended that you contact Lashuan 90-120 days prior to your desired rotation dates. Please note that increased flexibility in potential dates you are available may increase the likelihood that we are able to accommodate your request.
- If Lashuan replies that there is potential availability during your desired date(s), you will be invited to apply for a rotation in our department.
- To apply, you must provide all of the following required documents as an application for rotation:
- Paragraph of interest in rotating with OB/GYN at BUMCP (recommended 200-500 words).
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member at your institution.
- Academic requirements or learning objectives for your clerkship/elective rotation from your institution.
- Final approval steps:
- When a decision has been made on your application, you will be notified by email with your confirmed rotation dates if applicable.
- If approved for a rotation, you will be required to create an account through My Clinical Exchange to complete required credentialing documents.
- Two weeks prior to your rotation, you will receive information about your orientation day.
Fourth-year medical students should continue to apply for Sub-Internship and/or elective experiences through Visiting Student Learning Opportunities.
For questions, please contact Lashuan Goss.