It is the responsibility of the event planner to submit requests for any of the services listed below. In order to ensure appropriate scheduling of resources, all requests for assistance must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date of the event, unless otherwise noted. Requests must be made through the Event Request form.
- All external events scheduled in the Virginia G. Piper Auditorium, as well as the HSEB and BSPB after hours, require doors to be unlocked and a security guard to be present.
- If group requires set-up/clean-up time, door overrides and security will be adjusted accordingly.
- Security costs will be charged according to an established fee schedule.
- Custodial service is provided for both food/beverage clean-up as well as general housekeeping oversight.
- Custodial costs are charged according to an established fee schedule.
- Stationary furniture in rooms are not to be moved under any circumstances.
- The Virginia G. Piper Auditorium is the only campus meeting space in which the tables and chairs can be re-arranged.
- If the configuration is other than one of the configurations noted in the Event Request form, a rough floor plan drawing will be requested to ensure clarity of arrangements. Event Services will use the drawing to set up the room accordingly.
- Once set, rooms can only be rearranged by Event Services.
- If Event Services is requested to make any changes to the final set up, the group will be assessed an hourly change fee.
- If electric connections are necessary, a floor plan for voltage, location and the number of electrical connections required must be provided.
The following items are available for customer use. Charges may apply:
- 2’ x 3’ sidewalk displays and 2' by 3' sandwich boards; customer is responsible for providing posters and the placement/return of the displays following the event ($10).
- Easels – Customer is responsible for providing posters/flip charts and markers ($15).
- High top tables (draped with black spandex) – Customer must provide alternative linen ($20).
- 44'' x 92'' Poster displays – Including hook-style Velcro attachments ($150 labor/setup and breakdown fee).
- Directional signs.