The vision of the Molecular Discovery Core (MDC) is to build a highly collaborative and state-of-the-art facility at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus to accelerate early-stage drug discovery in the Arizona research community with several instruments geared toward the analysis of biomolecules.
This core supports a wide variety of research activities that depend on the detection and analysis of proteins, nucleic acids, compounds, bioactive molecules, and biomolecular interactions.
Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR)
- Kinetic characterization.
- Small molecule/fragment screening.
- Assay design & optimization.
- Binding affinity analysis.
- Compound screening in 96- and 384-well format.
- Assay automation.
- Plate replication/reformatting.
- Processing of clinical samples.
- In silico screening.
Peptide Synthesis & HPLC
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis.
- Compound/peptide purification by HPLC.
- Analytical HPLC.
- Fluorescence, chemiluminescence, radioisotopic, colorimetric.
- Imaging of blots, gels, tissue sections, arrays, and phosphor screens.