We understand that residency is a challenging time with intense work and responsibility. However, it is also immensely rewarding.
As a program, we are committed to you not only being well-trained and providing excellent patient care, but also loving your work more when you leave than when you arrived.
Educational Program Highlights
- Innovative curriculum and assessment facilitated by our national involvement in the ACGME’s Educational Innovations Project and other multi-centered initiatives.
- Appropriate supervision and feedback.
- Optimized schedules that balance patient continuity and work hours.
- Multiple formats to support you gaining the medical knowledge and skills needed to provide excellent care, including a state-of-the-art simulation, innovative didactics, ABIM board preparation and extensive elective options.
- Individualized experience to match your career goals — whether it be ambulatory care, hospital medicine, subspecialty fellowship or academic medicine.
- Supportive faculty who love our work. We are committed to excellence as teachers, physicians and people. Program culture of continuous improvement. We are highly engaged in these goals and committed to continually improving.
- Interested residents undergo CITI certification and individualized curriculum requirements are designed to give them the opportunity to complete the type of research project they are interested in, with their research mentor. Residents are encouraged to present their research at local and national meetings and incurred expenses are paid for by our program.