Our residents come from diverse backgrounds with a wide variety of academic interests and life experience. They are uniquely supportive of one another, committed to their own excellence, and are essential in making the program better and in creating our extended Med-Peds family. We attract residents from universities nationwide because our program is highly regarded by those seeking excellent clinical training in Medicine and Pediatrics, in a collegial atmosphere. Without a doubt, the major strength of our program is the quality of our residents.
Our program offers residents the educational resources and support to ensure that each and every resident is uniquely prepared for the career path they have chosen within the diverse specialty of Med-Peds.
The large Med-Peds faculty provides support and mentorship along the way, ensuring that each resident receives exceptional training as they progress through the program and in their clinical experiences in state-of-the-art facilities around Arizona.
Exceptional training and educational innovation are keys to the Med-Peds program. We believe that the four years that you spend in residency training, should not only emphasize your development as a physician with dual training, but should also encourage and enhance your development as a person of integrity and leadership.
Hear from Our Current and Former Residents
- Jason Brown, MD, Class of 2006 – Chief medical officer of Banner Health Transfer Services.
- Paul Broker, MD, Class of 2019 – Former chief resident and currently practicing at University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas as an academic Med-Peds physician.
- Monica Guzmon Limon , MD, Class of 2014 – Junior faculty at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix; completed a combined Adult/Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship.
- Maria Martin, MD, Class of 2022 – Current internal medicine chief resident.
- JC Nwobodo, MD, Class of 2018 – Internal medicine hospitalist in Minnesota. He completed a medical mission in Nigeria with Equal as One.