We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are committed to their own excellence; people who practice continuous improvement based on their own reflection on feedback; recognize the importance of wellness and teamwork in maintaining themselves and others in this challenging career; are focused on providing excellent care for the patients they meet and have the privilege for caring for; as well as those who act on their intense curiosity to learn every day.
If you are motivated to learn from every experience and are committed to high value, patient-centered, innovative patient care as part of well-functioning team, we encourage you to consider our program. You will find that training in internal medicine with our program is a positive and educationally rewarding experience.
Interested candidates will need to create an account with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Candidates can access the ERAS program by visiting AAMC FREIDA, program code: 1400321025.
If you are strongly considering a career in primary care/ambulatory medicine, we recommend applying within ERAS to both our Categorical Program and Primary Care Track.
- Applications be submitted through ERAS*.
- Minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation.
- One of these should be your Chair Letter/Standardized Letter of Evaluation.
- Three letters from faculty who know you personally are recommended.
- Passing USMLE/COMLEX 1 scores to be considered for an interview. Preference if have taken both.
- Passing USMLE/COMLEX 1 and 2 scores submitted before rank list submission.
- Graduated within the last two years.
- We accept J1 Visa’s sponsored by the ECFMG.
- Graduated within the past two years.
- We require ECFMG certification before the start of program.
- Applicants should have substantial and creditable hands-on clinical experiences or at least two months in the U.S. within the last three years.
We know the residency application and matching process can be stressful, and our program is committed to transparency and fairness. We perform holistic review of applications submitted to our program. This is a time-intensive process due the large number of applications we receive, but we feel it is important to ensure that we are considering all well-qualified candidates who are interested in our program.
In addition, we extend interview invitations only to the number of candidates that we have the capacity to interview. Interview invitations are extended in several rounds over the course of the fall to allow for ongoing holistic review and to ensure invitations are not exceeding the number of available interview slots.
Applications are accepted only through Visiting Student Application Service (VSASSM), University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. To apply to the Internal Medicine Residency, VSAS opens on October 26 for rotations beginning in January 2022.
|Christina Bergin, MD
Associate Program Director, Recruitment