Financial Aid FAQs
To be eligible for financial aid, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold an Alien Registration Card (permanent resident card).
- Be in good academic standing once in school, and making satisfactory progress toward a degree.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Have not previously defaulted on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant.
- Use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if required).
- Be enrolled at least half-time as a student working toward a degree.
To be considered for financial aid each student must complete a FAFSA, which is available online at fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA can be completed beginning October the year before you plan to attend the University of Arizona. The College of Medicine – Phoenix priority filing date for grant consideration is March 1. The school code for the UA is 001083.
Yes, students must re-file for each year in which they expect to apply for federal loans or UA scholarships.
You must complete the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form (PDF) and return it to the College of Medicine – Phoenix Financial Aid Office for processing.
The total amount of financial aid cannot exceed your cost of attendance for each academic year.