It is the policy of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix to review and evaluate all training sites for the following criteria:
- Potential risks to the health and safety of patients, students and the community.
- The availability of emergency care.
- The possibility of natural disasters, political instability and exposure to disease.
- The need for additional preparation prior to, support during and follow-up after the curricular unit.
- The level and quality of supervision.
- Any potential challenges to the code of medical ethics adopted by the home school.
- Preceptor agreements and site agreements are in place prior to student placement.
Curriculum Committee: Approved