It is the policy of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix (COM – P) that all students meet the following list of graduation requirements to receive a Doctor of Medicine degree from COM – P.
- Pass all required curricular units* in the chosen curricular track.
- Pass United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK). If one or more of the USMLE Step examinations is not offered during the relevant time period, an alternate University sponsored assessment may be designated in its place.
- Pass Year 4 Objective Structured Clinical Examination.
- Meet all competency requirements according to the Competency Assessment Policy.
- Complete all educational requirements within six years from matriculation date (see Dismissal Policy). A student in the MD/PhD dual degree program must complete both degrees within a ten-year period. Exceptions are at the discretion of the Student Progress Committee.
*Any component of the curriculum where a grade is earned