Our mission is to serve as a liaison to the dean and senior administration on staff affairs. We aim to build a sense of community by promoting staff advocacy and recognition, encouraging staff to pursue professional growth and development, and fostering a positive and equitable environment for all staff.
Our group has several duties that we take very seriously. Through advocacy and recognition, we aim to strengthen and promote a safe, supportive and productive work environment. We also plan and coordinate community service outreach and team building programs specific to the UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. In addition, we coordinate time for staff to speak with the Dean, Human Resources and campus leaders who impact the culture and the college community. We also coordinate the annual staff awards ceremony, and we recommend annual initiatives that we believe would benefit the college staff.
Our goals for the coming year are focused on staff retention and recognition, and we will be organizing campus-wide events that will help us to achieve this goal. We also plan to implement a staff mentorship program. Lastly, we will continue to recognize outstanding staff contributions to the UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix community by giving out awards as mentioned above.
We are excited to be a part of this important group and look forward to working together to create a supportive and engaging work environment. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns at PBC-SCAG@arizona.edu
If you are a staff member with a FTE of 0.5 or higher with the UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix and would like to submit a question, comment, concern or idea that the Staff Council Advisory Group could support, please fill out the anonymous feedback form.
- Jeremi Smith, PhD, Chair
- Racheal Mickel, M.Ed., Co-Chair
- Kathy Gonzalez, M.Ed.
- Marci Ray
- Amo Trigg, M.Ed.
You Said, We Did
- Collected data regarding the Dean's Return to Campus initiative and presented staff feedback to administration on February 7, 2024.
- Updated Staff Needs Assessment and presented to Dean Fredric Edward Wondisford, MD, MS, MBA
- Hosted staff-only Town Hall on August 24, 2023 to collect feedback and ideas.
- Relaunched Staff Excellence Awards that are unique to the UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
- Scheduled monthly tours of campus in conjunction with the chair of the Faculty Council to learn and hear from staff.
- Requested data from Chante Martin, Associate Vice President of HR, to support her presentation to staff in July 2023.