Valley Research Partnership: A Research Collaboration and Training Program
Formerly the Research Development and Partnering Initiative
The Research Office administrates the Valley Research Partnership (VRP), which funds collaborative grants from participating institutions across the Phoenix area, including primarily the college and the various hospital systems. It provides an important funding stream for projects prior to seeking national funding both for trainees and for faculty investigators. It also provides an important mechanism for aspiring investigators to learn about proposal development and scientific review.
If you would like to be notified when the next request for proposals is released, please add your information to the VRP contact list.
There are three funding mechanisms for the Collaborative Research Program:
- P1a – Collaborative Medical Student/Resident/Fellow Projects (up to $5,000 over one or two years).
- P1b – Collaborative Medical Student/Resident/Fellow Projects (up to $10,000 over one or two years).
- P2 – Collaborative Projects ($50,000 over one or two years).
VRP Investigator Lists
Please refer to the lists of potentially eligible investigators below.
- Dignity Health (PDF).
- The University of Arizona (PDF).
- Valleywise Health (PDF).
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix (PDF).
- Phoenix Children's Hospital (PDF).
*Final eligibility is determined by each VRP Partner. Please refer to the guidelines for more information.
VRP Guidelines and timeline
Round 4 Guidelines (PDF) – Amended February 14, 2019
Round 4 has concluded, please refer to the Completed Rounds tab for a list of awardees. To be notified when the next request for proposals is released, please add your information to the above VRP contact list.
Questions may be addressed to:
UA College of Medicine – Phoenix