Valley Research Partnership: A Research Collaboration and Training Program
Formerly the Research Development and Partnering Initiative
The Research Office administrates the Valley Research Partnership (VRP) which funds collaborative grants from participating institutions across the Phoenix area, including primarily the college and the various hospital systems. It provides an important funding stream for projects prior to seeking national funding both for trainees and for faculty investigators. It also provides an important mechanism for aspiring investigators to learn about proposal development and scientific review.
If you would like to be notified when the next request for proposals is released, please add your information to the VRP contact list.
There are three funding mechanisms for the Collaborative Research Program:
- P1a – Collaborative Medical Student/Resident/Fellow Projects (up to $5,000 over one or two years).
- P1b – Collaborative Medical Student/Resident/Fellow Projects (up to $10,000 over one or two years).
- P2 – Collaborative Projects ($50,000 over one or two years).
VRP Investigator Lists
Please refer to the lists of potentially eligible investigators below.
- Dignity Health (PDF).
- The University of Arizona (PDF).
- Maricopa Integrated Health Systems (PDF).
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix (PDF).
- Phoenix Children's Hospital (PDF).
*Final eligibility is determined by each VRP Partner.
Round 4 Guidelines and Timeline
Key P1 and P2 Dates:
- Request for Proposals (RFP) issued December 19, 2018.
- P1a and b and P2 applications are now closed; the deadline for submission was March 1, 2019.
- Peer review – spring 2019.
- Executive Review and Joint Funding Committee decisions – spring 2019.
- Awards announced – June 2019.
- Earliest anticipated awards – July 1, 2019.
Round 4 Guidelines (PDF) – Amended February 14, 2019
Forms – Please refer to the guidelines for eligibility information and application requirements and please use the required templates below when writing the proposal:
- Cover Page (Word Doc).
- Table of Contents (Word Doc).
- Budget Request Form (Word Doc).
- Biosketch Template (Word Doc).
- Biosketch Sample (Word Doc).
- Other Support Template (Word Doc).
- Other Support Sample (Word Doc).
- *Responsible Conduct of Research Guidelines (PDF).
- *If applicable.
Questions may be addressed to:
UA College of Medicine – Phoenix